Since creating this website, I am getting enquiries from all over the South of England. I feel I should give you an idea of the areas In am willing to travel to. I live in Bramley, Hants & I try to stay within a 30 mile radius (i.e. all of Berkshire, North Hants, West Surrey, South Oxon & South Bucks + West middlesex). Having said that, I would be willing to travel further on a quiet midweek day. I hope this is useful.
Some entertainers spend the last 15 or so minutes of their show, making balloon models for the children. Although I agree the children like to have a balloon model to take away, I believe if you sell an hour magic show, thats what you should do! I am happy to supply balloons for 20 children for £10, but will either make them up for you before hand, for you to give out, or if I don't have to go to another party, I will make them up after my hour show.
Using Rabbits in live entertainment
I occasionally have questions about using live animals in entertainment. I want to reassure you that my rabbits are my pets. They are treated in a way that would never cause them excess stress or harm. They are regularly allowed to run around the garden and are always kept in together in a pair. During a show they would be kept safe & comfortable until they appear as a great surprise to the children.
Please be aware that the rabbit's welfare is my priority.
1. Check availability of entertainer
2. Check Venue
3. Book Entertainer
4. Book Venue
5. Send Invites
6. Plan Food.
7. Plan Party Bags or Balloon models for all
8. Ensure booking of hall & entertainer are confirmed at least 2 weeks prior to party.
9. If having just a Magic show, leave 15 minutes from party start to show beginning.
If I am providing full 2 hour party, ensure food is prepared 40 minutes from start of party.
10. Relax you are in good hands, I will ensure your party is run professionally & smoothly with all children and adults having a good time.
11. Hand out party bags & balloons as children leave.
12. Feel free to recommend my services to your friends. (It will be much appreciated)
Party Advice & Tips
Below is a list of useful hints and tips to make your party run smoothly
1. check availability of entertainer before you book a hall. (there are more halls than entertainers)
2. Try not to over-cater. Children do not eat very much or for very long at parties.
3. I advise you not have party poppers. if you are having under 5s. Some children are frightened by the bangs. Also remember Round balloons look nice and colourful, but they are quite a distraction & popping balloons can cause little ones to be scared.
4. Don't give out hooters before the entertainer has gone!(Please)
5. Make sure the room is big enough, but not too big, for the numbers of children you have invited.
6. outdoor parties are fine, as long as you remember: The Sun makes children hot, can burn un-protected skins, can dazzle the entertainer or children during show. Hot children become lethargic, lose concentration, fall asleep etc. Windy gusts can blow a magicians props away
7. If having an outdoor party: Use a gazebo or other shady area (tree), ensure the children are wearing hats. If these are not available, have the magic show indoors.
8. If there are any tots at the party ie up to 3 years, that are wondering behind the magician, please ensure the parents are aware & remove them. there can be numerous colourful items that attract them, but might disrupt the show.
9. ensure the children wash their hands after stroking the rabbit, this should apply to any animal.
10. Staying parents are fine, as long as they are not involved in loud conversation. This can be very off putting for the entertainer as well as the children. (Besides I always try to entertain the parents as well as the children)
11. If you are having a bouncy castle as well as a magician, It is advisable to deflate the castle before the magic show, to avoid unnecessary distractions
12. Book your entertainer as early as you can to ensure their availability.
I guarantee that following the above advice will ensure your party will be a great success!